Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2010/03/19 03:24:48 UTC

Google Summer of Code ideas.....

The Google Summer of Code program is starting up.   Last year, we had a very
good project completed (SOAP/JMS Spec) and significant work started toward the
SOAP/TCP stuff.

At this point, it would be good to start collecting ideas that students may be
interested in tackling.   So, what really cool ideas do people have?   :-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Google Summer of Code ideas.....

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Javascript attribute support, he writes lamely.

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com>.
How about doing an integration with ZooKeeper that would allow web/rest
service instances to automatically register their existence with a
run-time registry: at run-time, clients could then mint a reference to
any one of the backend services. This would start as a mechanism to
provide true location transparency for services, and would end up in a
nice mechanism for server-side clustering, high-availability and failover!

Other thing that would be great (although perhaps not very sexy) is to
build out the samples around WS-Trust, in particular, the policy-driven
aspects.

Cheers,
Ade.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Apparently, they would like ideas to be in JIRA with a gsoc label so they
appear on the Apache "master list" at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12314021

I've added the ideas on this thread and will probably go through some of the
other open issues to add the gsoc label.

If anyone has other cool ideas, add them to JIRA and add the gsoc label.  :-)

Dan

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp