Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2003/01/23 08:47:00 UTC

ant.apache.org is now linked from www.apache.org

Hi,

after a couple of new top level projects have been created yesterday
(last night, today, depends on where you live 8-), www.apache.org has
been updated as well.

This means that ant.apache.org is now linked to and is "the official"
project website.

Are we reasonably happy with its contents to make it official already
or do we want to temporarily redirect people to our jakarta pages?

I'm +1 for using ant.apache.org as is and to move it out of the
proposal area, but would help with the other option as well (this is a
+0.9, I guess).

Should we take the oportunity to change the pointers in the Jakarta
website as well - and redirect people using jakarta URLs to
ant.apache.org?  I'm willing to help here (read +1).

Stefan

Re: ant.apache.org is now linked from www.apache.org

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>Now that it validates - let's go live. :-)
>

> We should give others a little time to have the chance to object 8-)

Oh sure, that's just my (enthusiastic) +1.

Hmmm, getting a bit enthusiastic, these days.

Conor

Re: ant.apache.org is now linked from www.apache.org

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Are we reasonably happy with its contents to make it official already
> or do we want to temporarily redirect people to our jakarta pages?
>
> I'm +1 for using ant.apache.org as is and to move it out of the
> proposal area, but would help with the other option as well (this is a
> +0.9, I guess).
>
> Should we take the oportunity to change the pointers in the Jakarta
> website as well - and redirect people using jakarta URLs to
> ant.apache.org?  I'm willing to help here (read +1).

+1 to all your +1's and -1 to your +0.9 :-)

Posted by Magesh Umasankar <um...@apache.org>.
> I'm +1 for using ant.apache.org as is and to move it out of the
> proposal area,

Its neat.  +1

> Should we take the oportunity to change the pointers in the Jakarta
> website as well - and redirect people using jakarta URLs to
> ant.apache.org?  I'm willing to help here (read +1).

+1

> Stefan

Cheers,
Magesh

Re: ant.apache.org is now linked from www.apache.org

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Now we just need to start using proposal/xdocs and get our
documentation out of the "old school" HTML frames look and sync it with
the nice new look.  :))

	Erik