Posted to users@maven.apache.org by anand vinoth <an...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/16 07:03:07 UTC

hi

hi i am anand,iam new to this maven,i am using eclipse as my editor,i need to plugin this maven in to it,i done using the demo given in it,and in command prompt i am getting the version when i  typed(mvn -v) as -Maven version: 2.0.4 but,when i trie creating an archetype i got this error,thanx in advance please help me as earlier as you can,

  iam pasting my error below for your view:

  E:\>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be retri
eved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exi
st or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Tue May 16 10:37:43 GMT+05:30 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

  Thanks & Regards
  Anand

Re: hi

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Please refer to this link
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs-1
and look for the question "How do I resolve the " < plugin name > does
not exist or no valid version " error?"