Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi> on 2016/10/05 22:10:25 UTC

LXC Container Support

Hello folks,

I've been Googling Mesos container support a bit recently, I see support
for Mesos(AppC) and Docker in the latest versions.

I'm looking to add LXC/LXD support, POC initially then hopefully bake it
into some Mesos libraries. From what I can tell Mesos doesn't have hooks
for LXC in the new container setup and also the External Shim that was
underdevelopment is Deprecated. Sound roughly accurate so far?

If so, would extending the Unified Containerizer be the correct way to go
about adding LXC/LXD support? (
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/container-image/)

Thanks

Tom

Re: LXC Container Support

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Tom,

Your description of the current state of art is on point.

Regarding support for LXC/LXD, what exactly does it mean? Is there an image
spec for those that you want Mesos to support? What's your use case?

Thanks,

Re: LXC Container Support

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Everyone appears asleep on IRC so for a non real time response:

If I were looking to replicate the docker calls but for LXC, I'd be
updating stuff in the containerizer package right? Not the top level appc
and docker packages.
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/slave/containerizer/

Thanks

Tom