Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvn.com> on 2006/11/02 18:13:25 UTC

Maven Plugin Information Report overwrites index.html

I'm trying to update some inhouse plugins to adhere to the Plugin
Documentation Standard
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-documentation.h
tml) using the docck plugin, but am having a lot of trouble getting the
index.html page to appear correctly.

I have src/site/apt/index.apt which I expect to be transformed into
target/site/index.html. This file is, as near as a I can tell, required
by the docck plugin. When I run 'mvn site:site', I can see this page get
transfomed correctly, but by the time Maven finishes, it's been replaced
by what's effectively a copy of the Plugin Information Report. What
seems to be happening is that the maven-plugin-plugin report creates
target/generated-site/xdoc/index.xml when then gets converted to
target/site/index.html. This would seem to be intentional, based on
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-11.

What's especially strange, to me at least, is that if I don't have
src/site/apt/index.apt and enable the "index" report from
maven-project-info-reports-plugin, my index.html page is the one
generated from the maven-project-info-reports-plugin. But then the docck
plugin fails.

Am I missing something? Since I see plugins that have apparently passed
the docck test
(http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/index.html for
example), I know it's possible.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Maven Plugin Information Report overwrites index.html

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/06, Edelson, Justin <Ju...@mtvn.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to update some inhouse plugins to adhere to the Plugin
> Documentation Standard
> (http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-plugin-documentation.h
> tml) using the docck plugin, but am having a lot of trouble getting the
> index.html page to appear correctly.
[del]

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=6438969&framed=y&skin=177

Lists this as a known bug requiring Maven 2.0.5 (which is not yet released)