Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Michael Guymon <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/02 23:47:15 UTC

Buildr integration testing

Hello,

I have a project LockJar[0] that manages Java Jars for Ruby, manually it does
transitive resolution using Maven's Aether lib. So far I have had flaky
support for Buildr and am finally looking to shore it up a bit by spinning it
out to a new gem[1]. My question is what is the best way to handle integration
testing with Buildr? Ideally I want to invoke a Buidlr task from a rspec and
assert it created the correct LockJar lockfiles.

thanks,

Michael

0: https://github.com/mguymon/lock_jar

1: https://github.com/mguymon/lock_jar-buildr

Re: Buildr integration testing

Posted by Michael Guymon <mi...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks. This was what I was looking for. I was able to distill it down
to https://github.com/mguymon/lock_jar-buildr/blob/master/spec/spec_helper.rb
to get my specs to work.

thanks,

Michael

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILDR/Setting+up+a+development+en
vironment+for+Buildr+plugin <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILD

https://github.com/realityforge/buildr-osgi-assembler

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Hello Michael,

I think you can get started with this how-to:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILDR/Setting+up+a+development+environment+for+Buildr+plugin <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BUILDR/Setting+up+a+development+environment+for+Buildr+plugin>

You can take after the specs of this project (among many others):
https://github.com/realityforge/buildr-osgi-assembler <https://github.com/realityforge/buildr-osgi-assembler>