Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Kristoffer Sjögren <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/30 00:17:16 UTC

Error in readFields

Hi

Our SELECT queries went broken just now and we're seeing the following
exception [1] using Apache Phoenix 2.2.3-incubating with HBase 0.94.6
(0.94.6-cdh4.4.0).

After a some testing I realized that sqlline.sh from the 2.2.3-incubating
tarball is also broken all of a sudden (with same error)?

Seems like SELECT ... WHERE queries are problematic whereas basic queries
like "SELECT * FROM COUNTERS LIMIT 1;" works fine. Simple INSERT statements
also seems to be working.

Is upgrading to phoenix-3.0.0-incubating an option? Or is there a way to
debug this further? I tried to enable DEBUG in log4j.properties using the
'console' in sqlline but without success.

Our production servers are pretty much down at the moment...

Cheers,
-Kristoffer

[1] http://pastebin.com/H2a6xpBX

Re: Error in readFields

Posted by Kristoffer Sjögren <st...@gmail.com>.
We have found and fixed the problem now. It was related faulty upgrade
script where the server started before the phoenix jar was put in the lib
directory.

I suspect range queries and inserts that spanned rows belonging to this
particular region server failed, while other queries succeeded.

Thanks for your help James!

Cheers,
-Kristoffer

Re: Error in readFields