Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Royamit <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/26 12:41:42 UTC

How to secure camel proxy project

Hi all,

I am new to camel and right now i am working on proxy creation using Apache
Camel. Now i want to secure this proxy service of mine. but i can't find
anything on it. Please help me on this. Looking forward to your solutions.
Thanks in advance

Re: How to secure camel proxy project

Posted by "kraythe ." <kr...@gmail.com>.
Remember Camel run as a war is just a servlet so any of the standard means
for securing a servlet will also be applicable to the camel servlet. Most
of these involve changes to the web.xml. When it comes to running it in
Karaf or ServiceMix, again the configurations of those host platforms are
where you would specify things like security constraints and so on.
Authorization is another matter, you can, of course, secure authorization
at a servlet URL level using the standard mechanisms but if you need to
apply those constraints within the route rather than at API level then you
may have to pick up headers from incoming requests and deal with them in
the route.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
*Author of: Maintainable Java (Kindle
<http://www.amazon.com/Maintainable-Java-Robert-Simmons-Jr-ebook/dp/B00AKHI69K>)(iTunes