Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Z W <mp...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/15 15:30:51 UTC

XSL, Ant and different input files

Hi
I have 2 different xml data files with the same filename named zw.xml in 2
separate directories.
Each contains lines similar to these lines below

<Results version="1.0">

<sample label="Confirmation" success="true"/>

In my xsl, I have <xsl:variable name="totalSuccess"
select="count(/Results/*[attribute::label='Confirmation'
and attribute::success='true'])"/>
I have 2 properties named d1, d2 in Ant where each point the directory
containing zw.xml.
How do I import or retrieve those properties so that I could use them to
reference in my xsl for above ?
Also what's the syntax which includes the filename so that my xsl would
count the right number from the correctly referenced xml data file ?

Thanks

Re: XSL, Ant and different input files

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
On Sat, 2008-03-15 at 13:32 -0500, Martin Gainty wrote:
> Robert-
>
> The xslt task allows you to supply your own
> encoding
> DTD
> param

I am not sure what the relevance of an encoding DTD param. I did not see
anything in his questions about encoding. Do you mean  supplying an
xmlcatalog?

But, really, he does not need a catalog. He can pass the filename
parameter and the target directory parameter. Even with a catalog he
would need to:

<!-- Global params -->
<xsl:param name="target-dir"/>
<xsl:param name="the-file-name"/>

<!-- then in some template -->

<xsl:apply-templates
  select="document(concat($target-dir, '/', $the-file-name))/*"/>

best,
-Rob

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,