Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID> on 2017/10/12 17:01:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] October board report draft

Hi everyone,

Here's my current draft for the October board report. Please let me know if
there's any activity you'd like to have included.

Also, I've added to the report that I plan to move on as PMC chair.
Nominations are open for a new one!

rb

- Avro is a cross-language data serialization system.

## Issues:

- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

- 1.8.2 released 13 May 2017.
- Planning to rotate the PMC chair.

## Health report:

- No significant changes from the last report.

## PMC changes:

- Currently 18 PMC members.
- Last PMC addition was Suraj Acharya on Wed Apr 12 2017

## Committer base changes:

- Currently 25 committers.
- New commmitters:
- Gábor Szádovszky was added as a committer on Sat Feb 04 2017
- Suraj Acharya was added as a committer on Sat Feb 04 2017

## Releases:

- Last release was 1.8.2 on 13 May 2017

## Mailing list activity:

- dev@avro.apache.org:
- 302 subscribers (up 11 in the last 3 months)

- user@avro.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Ryan Blue
Software Engineer
Netflix

Re: [DISCUSS] October board report draft

Posted by Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>.
Looks good.
Thanks for the report Ryan.

Suraj