Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alexis LESAGE <al...@atosorigin.com> on 2001/11/07 18:01:57 UTC

JSP compilation path

How can I rewrite the URL passed by IIS, Apache or NES to the Tomcat ajp12
connector
before the JSP compilation ?

The URL http://myserver:80/tomcat/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.jsp is redirected to
ajp12
and the server.xml file defines a context as follows :
<Context path="/tomcat" docBase="webapps" crossContext="false" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
</Context>

The URL accessed by Tomcat is webapps/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.jsp but I have
this error :
Ctx( /tomcat ): JasperException: R( /tomcat + /HelloWorld/HelloWorld.jsp +
null)
Unable to compile class for JSP/...../jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3/
work/localhost_80802Ftomcat/_0002fHelloWorld_0002fHelloWorld_0002ejspHelloWo
rld_jsp_0.java:
15: Package monPackage not found in import.
import monPackage.*;
Calling directly the JSP through tomcat http works fine with the following

Is the JSP compilation classpath linked to it's  URL ?
If so,
How can I get rid of "2Ftomcat." used for the JSP compilation ?
(the monPackage directory is under WEB-INF/classes and contains the
HelloWorld.class )

Configuration if needed : Tomcat 3.2.3 on SunOs2.6 /Solaris6 and NES 3.5.1

Thank's for your help

Al