Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Timothy J Schumacher <Ti...@Colorado.EDU> on 2011/05/20 10:41:46 UTC

Missing main.jsp?

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest roller 5.0.0 from roller.apache.org and
installed it with: tomcat 7.0.6, fedora core 9, kernel
2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686, with java1.6.0_18.  I also setup the mysql tables
and installed the mail jar as described in the install guide.

When I start tomcat, I do not see any errors or anything weird but when
I browse to the roller application I get the following exception in the
logs:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path []
threw exception [org.apache.tiles.impl.CannotRenderException:
JSPException including path '/WEB-INF/jsp/templates/main.jsp'.] with
root cause
javax.servlet.ServletException: File
&quot;/WEB-INF/jsp/templates/main.jsp&quot; not found

(plus many many lines of stacktrace)

and in accordance with this logging I am shown the roller error page
with the status 500 along with the message
org.apache.tiles.impl.CannotRenderException: JSPException including path
'/WEB-INF/jsp/templates/main.jsp'..  Did I miss something with the
install guide to set this up properly?  The war I downloaded (the tomcat
one) does not have a directory called WEB-INF/jsp.

Thanks!
Tim

Re: Missing main.jsp?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Excellent! My favorite type of problem is no problem.

- Dave

Re: Missing main.jsp?

Posted by Timothy J Schumacher <Ti...@Colorado.EDU>.
Hi Dave,