Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Frank van der Kleij <kl...@hotmail.com> on 2009/06/19 10:08:52 UTC

can admin terminate a user session?

We have a mina ftp server setup that allows only one connection per user account. Sometimes a user gets disconnected while the ftp server session is still alive and as a consequence can no longer reconnect. The user then has to wait until the session expires, but that takes a few minutes.

Is there a way for the administrator to terminate such sessions?

Thanks,

Frank

What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/default.aspx

Re: can admin terminate a user session?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Frank van der Kleij<kl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> We have a mina ftp server setup that allows only one connection per user account. Sometimes a user gets disconnected while the ftp server session is still alive and as a consequence can no longer reconnect. The user then has to wait until the session expires, but that takes a few minutes.
>
> Is there a way for the administrator to terminate such sessions?

If your using FtpServer in embedded mode, you can you the API to close
any session. If your using it standalone, there is currently no such
support. Also, you can of course set the idle time to a shorter value
which might (depending on the settings on the TCP/IP stack) kill the
session faster.

/niklas