Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by guerra <jg...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/07 18:55:30 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.8 Network of brokers (master/slave configuration)

hi,
I've just set up a couple ActiveMQ servers working as a master/slave
configuration. Please see below the configuration

<networkConnectors>
                <networkConnector
uri="masterslave:(tcp://localhost:40100,tcp://localhost:40101)"/>
</networkConnectors>

Apparently almost everything is working okay, as expected, but I've just
wondering what's happening on the scenario when I tear down the master
server, after I bring the master up again, but I seems that the slave
doesn't reconnect with the server for some reason. Does anyone knows exactly
whether this configuration is okay?

Thank you

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 Network of brokers (master/slave configuration)

Posted by guerra <jg...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your answer and the links!,
So, basically I mess up the concepts because what i want is basically two
servers in a master/slave topology in order to create a HA environment. For
this case, I see that the share storage master/slave is the best option.
Very easy, it works nicely and it allows me to use the failover transport to
the clients.
A network of brokers covers other scenarios that I am not interested in
right now.

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 Network of brokers (master/slave configuration)

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Well master-slave pair relates to fault-tolerant setup for two brokers that
share a datastore. What you're taking about is creating a network of
brokers that point to a master/slave pair. Please have a look at the docs
which explains it great.

Master/Slave:
http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html

Network of Brokers:
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 3:53 AM, guerra <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay!,
> Sorry, I meant to say that the slave doesn't failback to the master again
> when I re-start the master again. I don't really understand very well how
> setup a master/slave configuration. Could you please tell me how can I set
> up two servers to get a master/slave configuration using these network
> connectors?.
> The network connector I posted, it belongs only to what it pretends to be
> the slave configuration!.
>
> Thanks

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8 Network of brokers (master/slave configuration)

Posted by guerra <jg...@gmail.com>.
Okay!,
Sorry, I meant to say that the slave doesn't failback to the master again
when I re-start the master again. I don't really understand very well how to

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
not sure what you mean the "slave doesn't reconnect with the server for
some reason"

You mean the broker that has the config listed above is not able to connect
to the "slave" broker (second url in the list) when the "master" (first url
in the list) broker goes down?