Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alf Felis <Al...@gmx.de> on 2011/08/17 17:39:52 UTC

Question using rendered attribute within fixed rows

Hi all,

I have a question using the rendered attribute within a fixed row.

The test page below always shows 2 warnings:
WARN  org.apache.myfaces.tobago.util.LayoutInfo - There are columns left but no more space! cellsLeft=1, tokens=fixed;hide;fixed; clientId='_idJsp0:_idJsp3'
WARN  org.apache.myfaces.tobago.util.LayoutInfo - calculated spaces = "20;-1;20" clientId='_idJsp0:_idJsp3'

The resulting page looks ok, but why there are these warnings?

I'm using Tobago 1.0.37 and MyFaces: 1.1.7.

Thanks for your help :)

Alf

My example page:

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/component" prefix="tc"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>

<f:view>
    <tc:page>
        <f:facet name="layout">
            <tc:gridLayout rows="fixed;*" columns="*" />
        </f:facet>

        <tc:box label="Rendered Test">
            <f:facet name="layout">
                <tc:gridLayout rows="fixed;fixed;fixed" columns="*" />
            </f:facet>

            <tc:out value="Row 1" />
            <tc:out value="Row 2" rendered="false" />
            <tc:out value="Row 3" />
        </tc:box>

        <tc:panel />

    </tc:page>
</f:view>

Re: Question using rendered attribute within fixed rows

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi Alf,

these warning is caused by the incomplete analysis at this point in
the layoutmanager. You can ignore this.

In the layout calculation the fixed rows/cells are handled first,
after layouting the first and the last row the full available space is
used, but there is one row left, the hidden (rendered=false) one.
At this point the layoutmanager gives this warning, without respecting
that the unlayouted rows don't need any space.

In cases with broken layout you can use this warnings to find the
problem, but in cases with rendered=false or tokens like "0px" this
warning can be ignored.

I suggest to disable WARN level for
"org.apache.myfaces.tobago.util.LayoutInfo" and
"org.apache.myfaces.tobago.renderkit.html.scarborough.standard.tag.GridLayoutRenderer"
in production environment.

Regards,
    Volker

2011/8/17 Alf Felis <Al...@gmx.de>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question using the rendered attribute within a fixed row.
>
> The test page below always shows 2 warnings:
> WARN  org.apache.myfaces.tobago.util.LayoutInfo - There are columns left but no more space! cellsLeft=1, tokens=fixed;hide;fixed; clientId='_idJsp0:_idJsp3'
> WARN  org.apache.myfaces.tobago.util.LayoutInfo - calculated spaces = "20;-1;20" clientId='_idJsp0:_idJsp3'
>

> The resulting page looks ok, but why there are these warnings?
>
> I'm using Tobago 1.0.37 and MyFaces: 1.1.7.
>
> Thanks for your help :)
>
> Alf
>

> My example page:
>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/component" prefix="tc"%>
> <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
>
> <f:view>
>    <tc:page>
>        <f:facet name="layout">
>            <tc:gridLayout rows="fixed;*" columns="*" />
>        </f:facet>
>
>        <tc:box label="Rendered Test">
>            <f:facet name="layout">
>                <tc:gridLayout rows="fixed;fixed;fixed" columns="*" />
>            </f:facet>
>
>            <tc:out value="Row 1" />
>            <tc:out value="Row 2" rendered="false" />
>            <tc:out value="Row 3" />
>        </tc:box>
>
>        <tc:panel />
>
>    </tc:page>
> </f:view>
>
> --
> NEU: FreePhone - 0ct/min Handyspartarif mit Geld-zurück-Garantie!

inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Ofener Str. 30      | 26121 Oldenburg
Tel.: +49 441 219 730 56 |
FAX:  +49 441 219 730 66 | eMail: volker.weber@inexso.de

Firmensitz: Oldenburg | Amtsgericht Oldenburg HRB 205251
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Schulte, Michael Terschüren