Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru> on 2012/07/31 06:22:19 UTC

Size of RTMP packets

Hello everybody!

During testing a quality of the network the question appeared: "What is
an average size of the RTMP packet?"
I searched a little on the internet and not found an answer, after this
I decided to make a simple measurement.
For measuring I run two video windows in OpenMeetings.
I use tcpdump for catchig packets on 1935 port and it`s size.
After a simple processing I got that in my particular case, the most
frequent packet size is 66 bytes.
For clarity, I made ​​charts of the distribution of packet sizes in two
versions, with and without logarithmic scale.
Charts in the attachment.

Maybe it will be interesting for somebody :)

--
With best regards
Denis Kandrov

Re: Size of RTMP packets