Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ramayan Tiwari <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/13 22:20:20 UTC

Launching Flink server from IntelliJ

Hello,

Is there any documentation around launching Flink service from Intellij (VM
args, Main class etc)? I have found the documentation on remote debugging
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Remote+Debugging+of+Flink+Clusters>,
but couldn't find steps to launch Flink from source, any pointers?

I am new to Flink and trying to launch Flink in debug mode to be able to
step through some of server side code for understanding the internals. Any
resource to get started would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ramayan

Re: Launching Flink server from IntelliJ

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Ramayan,

you can start a random example [1] from the IDE. The local execution
environment will start a MiniCluster to execute the Flink job in the
process started by the IDE.

[1] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/master/flink-examples

Cheers,
Till