Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Nikolay Tikhonov <nt...@gridgain.com> on 2015/05/20 22:19:58 UTC

Apache Ignite integration

Hi

I'm working on integration Apache Ignite with Mesos. Apache Ignite is an
in-memory data fabric providing clustering and various distributed
operations. (more by link https://ignite.incubator.apache.org/) I need an
advice how to put Apache Ignite binary package, external libs and etc to
Mesos slaves. There are several ways: pre-install required packages on
slaves, put they into HDFS and start with framework http server through
which required packages have an access. All ways require adding user's
actions exclude last. The last way looks more preferable. Is it right? Are
there any other ways?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Apache Ignite integration

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.
I think you got the distribution options right. The last option (Framework
hosting the packages) might be preferable in the short term, but if you
have a big cluster it might become a scalability bottleneck.