Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Simen Thoresen <si...@dolphinics.no> on 2007/03/26 13:22:45 UTC

"400 bad request" when trying svn co to NFS-mounted disk?

Hi Subversion Users,

We're in the process of establishing a new SVN-server to hold our old
CVS repository, but I've run into an issue with the client checking out
to an NFS-mounted disk;

Our experience pretty much mirrors this;

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4875

To recap;

cd to ~, mounted on an old NFS-server

optimist-1:~$ svn co http://scubversion/repos/test/DIS/trunk
svn: REPORT request failed on '/repos/test/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/repos/test/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://scubversion)
optimist-1:~$

cd to /tmp (locally mounted)
optimist-1:/tmp$ svn co http://scubversion/repos/test/DIS/trunk
A  trunk/build
A  trunk/build/WindowsView
A  trunk/build/WindowsView/mkmakefiles.sh
A  trunk/build/WindowsView/mkmakefiles.pl
A  trunk/build/WindowsView/Makefile
A  trunk/adm
A  trunk/adm/test
A  trunk/adm/test/sisci_benchmarks....
(etc).

This is whith the CentOS-provided svn-1.1.4, but also applies to an
updated package (svn-1.3.2).

The problem also occurs with the https protocol (apparently a favourite
fix to avoid caching), none of the other '400-bad request' usual
suspects like caching-proxies or antivirus-agents are involved (I've
googled this for some time now)

In short - svn co works to local disk, but fails to otherwise accessible
NFS-mounted disk.

Is this a known issue, and is there a known fix for it?

Yours,
-S
--
Simen Thoresen, Dolphin ICS
Systems Administration and Wulfkit Support