Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nodje <no...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/28 10:31:44 UTC

[maven-help-plugin] bug with active-profiles in 2.1.1

maven-help-plugin:2.1.1:active-profiles doesn't display some active profiles
under a specific set of circumstances:

- a parent pom containing a set of profiles, let's say 'dev' and 'prod'

- a settings.xml that activates a locally defined plugin (let's call it
'repo'), and also activates the parent pom 'dev' profile thru
<activeProfile> (<activeProfiles> has 2 lines, activates both 'repo' and
'dev')

when you call 'mvn help:active-profiles' from the parent pom directory, it
rightly displays:

The following profiles are active:

 - dev (source: pom.xml)
 - repo (source: settings.xml)

when you call the same from a child project inheriting the parent pom, it
would only display 'repo' as active.

The following profiles are active:

 - repo (source: settings.xml)

Even when adding a '-Pdev' only repo would be displayed as active, even
though the 'dev' profile IS ACTIVE and does it's job as expected.

Sounds like a bug to me, but I could be mistaken for some reason.
It would be totally counter intuitive if I were though, as 'dev' is active
in a child project anyway.