Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Naveen Pajjuri <pa...@myntra.com> on 2016/08/07 09:40:18 UTC

Issue faced while re-starting solr 6.1.0 after cleaning zk data.

Hi,
I'm trying to move to solr-6.1.0. it was working fine and i cleaned up zk
data (version folder) and restarted solr and zookeeper. I started getting
this error.

   - *sample_shard1_replica1:*
org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZooKeeperException:org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZooKeeperException:
   Specified config does not exist in ZooKeeper: sample.

Please let me know what i'm missing.

Regards,
Naveen Reddy.

RE: Issue faced while re-starting solr 6.1.0 after cleaning zk data.

Posted by "Ritesh Kumar (Avanade)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Hi Naveen,

I had the same issue, I did the below steps to fix it.

1.       Stop SOLR service across all Solr VM’s.

2.       Stop ZooKeeper service in all ZK VM’s.

3.       Rename all the log files again eg: _log.1

[cid:image001.png@01D1F0C5.D8D498D0]

4.       Start ZooKeeper service in all ZK VM’s.

5.       Start SOLR service across all Solr VM’s.

6.       Open the SOLR dashboard across all the 3 Solr VM’s and they should not show any error.

7.       If the error persists, restart all the boxes.

Ritesh K

Infrastructure Sr. Engineer – Jericho Team

Sales & Marketing Digital Services

t +91-7799936921   v-kurite@microsoft.com

Here sample is the name of my collection.

Thanks

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Naveen Pajjuri <pa...@myntra.com>>

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

When you cleaned up the zk data, it also removed the configuration files
that are stored in Zookeeper. These configuration files are used by Solr
and therefore they can no longer be found. You need to upload those
configuration files again to ZK using:

bin/solr zk upconfig -d /path/to/your/conf/directory -n sample -z
zkhost_connect_string

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Naveen Pajjuri <pa...@myntra.com>
wrote:

> Here sample is the name of my collection.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Naveen Pajjuri <pa...@myntra.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to move to solr-6.1.0. it was working fine and i cleaned up zk
> > data (version folder) and restarted solr and zookeeper. I started getting
> > this error.
> >

> >    - *sample_shard1_replica1:* org.apache.solr.common.cloud.
> >    ZooKeeperException:org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZooKeeperException:
> >    Specified config does not exist in ZooKeeper: sample.
> >

> > Please let me know what i'm missing.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Naveen Reddy.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Issue faced while re-starting solr 6.1.0 after cleaning zk data.

Posted by Naveen Pajjuri <pa...@myntra.com>.