Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by P....@albourne.com on 2009/07/16 10:31:25 UTC

Multiple IoC registries

Hi,

We are in the process of breaking up a large code base into IoC modules and are looking to use a standalone implementation of Tapestry IoC for collective modules as a library. This code will be used a desktop application, but we are also hoping to reuse it in Tapestry web applications (each having their own standalone IoC registry of course).

I have a few questions on how best to implement this:
1. How do I use the registries together unambiguously? could I potentially run into service lookup problems?
2. To what extent is it possible to use (and integrate) services from both registries (what are the limitations)?
3. Until now I have never needed to serialize a service, but could I ever run into problems locating a service proxy?

* I would very much appreciate some concrete examples, as you can imagine this is a massive undertaking, so we would like to do it right from the start.

Thanks for your help,
Peter