Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mofeed Shahin <mo...@dsto.defence.gov.au> on 2004/01/12 02:21:26 UTC

Own fileset in zip task.

I am writting my own fileset (called ModuleFileSet), and wanted to use it
inside the zip task, but I get this error :

The <zip> type doesn't support the nested "modulefileset" element.

Is this correct???
I would have expected zip to accept any type of fileset.....

Mof.

> I am writting my own fileset (called ModuleFileSet), and wanted to use it
> inside the zip task, but I get this error :
>
> The <zip> type doesn't support the nested "modulefileset" element.
>
> Is this correct???
> I would have expected zip to accept any type of fileset.....

No,

Ant does not yet support polymorphism directly. What you need to do is
create an instance of your fileset and then refer to it in the zip task by
reference. i.e. something like

<myfileset id="blah">

<zip>
  <fileset refid="blah"/>