Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by rainsill <je...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/31 04:50:43 UTC

Cygwin problems

I have the latest Cygwin on Windows.  I updated my hadoop/conf folder so that
hadoop-default.xml, hadoop-env.sh, and hadoop-site.xml were modified.  Then
I tried to do an ant build but it says

org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher

What is wrong?  ANT_HOME is set and I use ant on the same machine for
building my other Java programs using the command-line, but haven't used
Cygwin to ant build.  Any ideas?

Re: Cygwin problems

Posted by rainsill <je...@hotmail.com>.
I am using the following versions:
Hadoop 0.10.1
Ant 1.6.5
Cygwin 1.5.23-2
Windows XP Professional (with service packs installed)

Re: Cygwin problems

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Re: Cygwin problems

Posted by rainsill <je...@hotmail.com>.
Thank-you, that solved the problem.  I had ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME set, but I
had ANT_HOME set to e:\ant\bin instead of e:\ant, and then in the path it
was set to ANT_HOME\bin, which made it ANT_HOME\bin\bin...  Corrected now.
Thanks again.