Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <cg...@qos.ch> on 2001/02/07 16:38:04 UTC

Re: variable substituion in DOMConfigurator

Rick,

This is possible in the code that is in our CVS rep. It is not possible in log4j 1.0.4. Cheers, Ceki

At 10:30 07.02.2001 -0800, you wrote:

>Is it possible to do variable substitution in a DOMConfigurator
>xml file? For example, I'd like to be able to do the following:
>
>       <appender name="A1" class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
>           <param name="File"   value="${java.home}/A1.log" />
>       </appender>
>
>where ${java.home} is searched for in the System properties or
>in properties defined in the xml file in the same way the
>PropertyConfigurator does. I'm hoping properties in the xml
>file can be set in the same way Ant does it with a
><property name="key" value="val" /> type syntax.
>
>Rick

----
Ceki Gülcü           e-mail: cgu@qos.ch (preferred)
av. de Rumine 5              ceki_gulcu@yahoo.com
CH-1005 Lausanne
Switzerland            Tel: ++41 21 351 23 15