Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jason Bodnar <ja...@shakabuku.org> on 2003/09/15 21:54:36 UTC

Embperl/2.0b6 returns httpd/unix-directory instead of index.phtml

I have the following set in my httpd.conf:

<Directory /var/www/html/commitments>
 Options +FollowSymLinks
 AddType text/html .phtml
 DirectoryIndex index.phtml
 SetHandler      perl-script
 PerlHandler     Embperl
 Options         ExecCGI
 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ALLOW \.phtml$
 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 2064
 PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS no
</Directory>

When I got to /commitments/ or /commitments my browser says the page is of
type httpd/unix-directory and prompts me to save it. I found one message in
the mailing list and it sounds like this is a known problem with recent
embperls? If so, does anybody know the last version that didn't have this problem?

Here's my apache info just in case:

Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux) Embperl/2.0b6 mod_ssl/2.8.12
OpenSSL/0.9.6b mod_perl/1.28

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Bodnar
jason@shakabuku.org

"You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make
your blood boil who is standing center stage advocating at the top of
his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of
yours." -- President Andrew Shephard, "The American President"

Re: Embperl/2.0b6 returns httpd/unix-directory instead of index.phtml

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Add a <files *.phtml> like below to solve this problem:

> <Directory /var/www/html/commitments>

<Files *.phtml>

>  Options +FollowSymLinks
>  AddType text/html .phtml
>  DirectoryIndex index.phtml
>  SetHandler      perl-script
>  PerlHandler     Embperl
>  Options         ExecCGI
>  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ALLOW \.phtml$
>  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 2064
>  PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS no

</Files>

> </Directory>

Gerald

BTW. You should upgrade to 2.0b9.  2.0b6 has some bugs...