Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ford prefect <fo...@yahoo.de> on 2004/01/11 16:30:22 UTC

Tapestry Developer wanted!

Do you know where I could find a Tapestry developer
to write some Tapestry code for me?

I just need a basic and rough architecture and a
sample
page, just to get started and to save some time.

The tapestry sample applications are not suited for my
needs as I have something else in mind.

RE: Tapestry Developer wanted!

Posted by ford prefect <fo...@yahoo.de>.
I would never dare to ask you ....

You are probably too busy writing the documentation
and developing Tapestry further. Apart from that it
would be too simple for you and not very demanding

I just want to have the equivalent of the following
PHP Script in Java using Tapestry's component
framework:

The PHP Script knows 3 different parameters:
a,b and c.

myScript.php?a=car&b=tree&c=red for instance.

<?php // myScript.php

// the header php component generate a html
// header and metadata depending on parameter
// a and parameter b

include("htmlHeader.php");

// the heading component displays the header of this
// website, depending on the data parameter c

include("heading.php");

// the leftStuff php component includes
// navigation windows that depend on parameters
// a,b and c
// this means, that inside of leftStuff
// more lefts_stuff_1.inc left_stuff_2.inc etc. are
// included depending on parameters a and c

include("leftStuff.php");

include("centerStuff.php");
include("rightStuff.php");

// the footer depends only on parameter 1
include("htmlFooter");

?>

So basically the whole website consists of
one php script and it is mainly configurable
through the database that is fed with the content.

The layout can be changed by changing either
individual components, such as leftStuff_1.inc or
leftStuff_2.inc
or components one hierarchy up.

I dont have a glue how to solve it using tapestry but
I am sure it would work somehow and that it would also
be a better and more stable etc.... solution using
Java instead of PHP.

RE: Tapestry Developer wanted!

Posted by ford prefect <fo...@yahoo.de>.
Ok, additionally I want to add some more comments:

- for a Tapestry java component I would like
  have different components, such as a left navigation

  window component, a right component that determine
   the content and sub-components that determine their
    layout.

- additionally there is a fourth parameter that tells
the language. if this language is available, the text
is displayed in that language else it falls back on
the default english component.

I do not want to have a "page" for every single
purpose, I only want to have one page that depends on
subcomponents and configures itself. I only want to
specify what happens when, meaning what is included
and what not in certain conditions.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Note the words "Independent Consultant" in my signature.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components