Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "George P. Stathis" <gs...@traackr.com> on 2011/04/13 00:23:43 UTC

HBase 0.90.2 CDH3B4 - regions infinitely stuck in transition?

In the middle of upgrading our dev environment from 0.89 to 0.90.2CDH3B4.
When we did the upgrade locally (Macs), no issues came up. Different story
on our EC2 dev box it seems.

Background:
- dev is running in pseudo-cluster mode
- we neglected to set replication to 1 from 2 the first time we started it
but we shut it off and fixed that setting

It seems now that some regions are perpetually stuck in transition mode:
https://gist.github.com/916562

Looked at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3406 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3637 trying to find similarities
but I'm not sure it's quite the same issue.

hbase hbck -fix does not seem to rectify the problem. Here is its output:
https://gist.github.com/916567

Any pointers are appreciated. Happy to give more info.

-GS

Re: HBase 0.90.2 CDH3B4 - regions infinitely stuck in transition?

Posted by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com>.
Good afternoon St.Ack. I've read the article in configured the way it
describes, but I still get the same error.

2011-04-18 15:09:11,635 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler: Failed open
of
region=user,10L\xA2\x13\xDB\xDB\xDB\xDB\xDA\xDA\xB0\x05Z\xCCw!\xCC\x93\xB0!\xCC\x93\x93\xB0!\xCCw!\xCCw!\xCCw
,1303164462772.dbbb665cfc461075670f06f4dfe6b632.
java.io.IOException: Compression algorithm 'lzo' previously failed test.
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.CompressionTest.testCompression(CompressionTest.java:77)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.checkCompressionCodecs(HRegion.java:2555)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:2544)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegion.openHRegion(HRegion.java:2532)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.openRegion(OpenRegionHandler.java:262)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.handler.OpenRegionHandler.process(OpenRegionHandler.java:94)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.executor.EventHandler.run(EventHandler.java:151)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I check out hadoop-lzo from the link you provided and rebuild the library
based on the instruction in FAQ.

Here my configuration:

hadoop-env.sh:

   export
JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/hbase/hadoop-lzo-0.4.10/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64/"
   # Extra Java CLASSPATH elements.  Optional.
   export
HADOOP_CLASSPATH="/home/hbase/hadoop-lzo-0.4.10/hadoop-lzo-0.4.10.jar"

core-site.xml

  <property>
    <name>io.compression.codecs</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.GzipCodec,org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.DefaultCodec,com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec,com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzopCodec,org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.BZip2Codec</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>io.compression.codec.lzo.class</name>
    <value>com.hadoop.compression.lzo.LzoCodec</value>
  </property>

hbase-env.sh:

export
HBASE_CLASSPATH="/home/hbase/hadoop-lzo-0.4.10/hadoop-lzo-0.4.10.jar:$HBASE_CLASSPATH"

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Vadim:

Posted by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "George P. Stathis" <gs...@traackr.com>.