Posted to user@ant.apache.org by David Medinets <me...@mtolive.com> on 2000/10/09 00:10:09 UTC

Build Config Error: Javac does not support nested classpath properties

Hi. I just grabbed the lastest Ant code using WinCVS, ran bootstrap and then tried to run the build step. Can someone tell me why I got the following error?

Buildfile: build.xml
Project base dir set to: C:\CVSROOT\jakarta-ant
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac does not support nested classpath properties
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac does not support nested classpath pro
perties
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.processNestedProperties(ProjectHelper.java:234)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java:198)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTargets(ProjectHelper.java:164)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:127)

Re: Build Config Error: Javac does not support nested classpath properties

Posted by David Medinets <me...@mtolive.com>.
Thanks. I have no problem now.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 DM> Can someone tell me why I got the following error?

You still have an older version (and a very old version - pre 1.1 - I
may add) of Ant in you CLASSPATH (or ANT_HOME/lib) that gets loaded
instead of the intended version.

Stefan