Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by sp...@vancouver.yi.org on 2000/12/04 09:12:18 UTC

apache configuration & error logging

hi.
Here is situation:
1. I have written Auth, Authz and redirect handlers for user control. They
take in information from httpd file via PerlSetVar statement for
configuration purposes. They also log information into error logs via
$r->log_error
2. I have integrated them to protect certain <Location> on the
VirtualHost. ErrorLog was setup correctly, everything works fine.
3. I take all the stuff copy over and change approprite paths, and create
new VirtualHost directive. ErrorLog is setup correctly.

After I restart webserver, there is no messages from my modules
into the appropriate error.log or any other error log. How do I fix this?
It seems that as I add in the ModPerl authentication code into the
new VirtualHost directive, errors stop coming into error log, regarding
that particular VirtualHost, but other continue to work fine. Is that
weird? The code in new VirtualHost functions correctly, besides inablity
to append to the error.log of the virtual host...
Pavel