Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Deep Kumar <de...@comcreation.com> on 2005/02/07 08:19:25 UTC

Creation of PSML files

Hi Guys,
       We have coded to add the users in jetspeed as below

                       String userName = "Sample", password = "Sample1";
                       JetspeedUser user =
JetspeedSecurity.getUserInstance();

user.setUserName(JetspeedSecurity.convertUserName(userName));
                       user.setPassword(password);
                       System.out.println("Password : "+password);
                       user.setLastName("lastName");
                       user.setFirstName("firstName");
                       user.setEmail("Sample@Sample.com");

                       Date now = new Date();
                       user.setCreateDate(now);
                       user.setLastLogin(now);
                       user.setConfirmed(JetspeedResources.CONFIRM_VALUE);
                       //JetspeedSecurity.addUser(user);     tried with this
also but not working
                       JetspeedUserManagement.addUser(user);

        However with this piece of code user "Sample1" is being created in
jetspeed, but the PSML files are not being created for the user. Am i
missing somthing in this code..... ?????

        Any help would be much appreciated......

Regards
Deep Kumar
Chief Architect, ComCreation

Re: Creation of PSML files

Posted by Deep Kumar <de...@comcreation.com>.
Hi All,
    I got the solution, I was missing three lines of code...  Here is the
new code.

                            String userName = "Sample", password =
"Sample1";
                            JetspeedUser user =
JetspeedSecurity.getUserInstance();

                           ServletConfig config = getServletConfig();
                           RunData runData =
RunDataFactory.getRunData(request, response, config);
                           runData.getParameters().setProperties(user);

user.setUserName(JetspeedSecurity.convertUserName(userName));
                           user.setPassword(password);
                           System.out.println("Password : "+password);
                           user.setLastName("lastName");
                           user.setFirstName("firstName");
                           user.setEmail("Sample@Sample.com");

                           Date now = new Date();