Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/08 01:27:18 UTC

Re: Builds on Jenkins

Hey guys,

Quick update on this. The issue is not resolved, BUT I accidentally reproduced the it on my local box. So I used to
build with `Apache Maven 3.2.1` and have never seen any issues, but recently I run the CXF build with `Apache Maven 3.5.2`,
by accident actually, and ... the same 15 mins delay on snapshot downloads ... !!! 100% of the time, I don't know the cause
yet but I believe this is not an infrastructure problem so I closed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-16489 ticket.
I will be looking into this, at least with a goal to pinpoint the Maven version to blame, so we could figure out the root of
it.

PS: FYI, running build on Windows box / Java 8. Will check on Linux shortly (but gut feeling tells me the 15 mins delay
will be there)

Best Regards,
    Andriy Redko

Re: Builds on Jenkins

Posted by Dennis Kieselhorst <de...@apache.org>.
Have you tried to do a thread dump to see where it's hanging? So far I
couldn't reproduce this, maybe I have to try with a clean local repo.

Dennis

Re: Builds on Jenkins

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I'll take a look at Jenkins when back in the office.  Worst case probably
ask infra on hipchat

Re: Builds on Jenkins

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Downloaded from apache.snapshots: https://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/cxf/xjcplugins/cxf-xjc-dv/3.2.2-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml (785 B at 2.1 kB/s)

--
Colm O hEigeartaigh

Talend Community Coder