Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Luis Moreira <lu...@esinnovation.pt> on 2004/03/01 10:59:08 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] urgent!!!!!!

I am not sure I understand your problem, but there seems to be some
confusion on your mind as to what you are doing.
CGI is not a programming language, it is an interface (CGI stands for Common
Gateway Interface), and the programs themselves can be written in a great
number of languages, being PEARL one of them.
It seems that Apache can run Pearl (pl) files. Great.
What is the "cgi" file and how was it written ?
What types of indexes is Apache set to recognize with DirectoryIndex
(index.html index.htm index.pl, etc) ?

Luis

Posted by System <sy...@eluminoustechnologies.com>.
hello friend,
yes u are right..
i am also confused..
See I will elaborate..
On the apache server one day a site  www.xyz.com  (for example) when typed
in the URL was showing error such as
index.cgi bad permission etc.The site is hosted on apache server.When I
checked the index.cgi permissions they are correct (755).Now there is
suexec program on the server ,when I checked suexec log file for error ,it
was showing the "command not in docroot".
  So what I did ,I used index.pl file with same contents as .cgi file in the
docroot and installed on the server ,then it was working fine.But,I want it
with index.cgi script.
The site having this problem is hosted on web server.
Below the message I received from my client:
the problem i got is as follows ....
I have it temporarily up as index.pl, but we need to get it working as
index.cgi as this is what the searchengines etc know it as (and all pages
are located under this like index.cgi?page=page2). If you look at the suexec
log it says "command not in docroot" though I haven't figured out what that
means... please keep looking into it.
Please reply ...
or give us hint..
it's urgent..