Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Troy X <tr...@hotmail.com> on 2014/06/19 22:23:17 UTC

storm clickstream capture and process

Hi Experts,
I'm fairly new to complex event processing, I'm trying to assess if its the right way of doing it. I would be glad if you can provide feedback
I wonder if I can process user interactions on our website ( session start, page clicks / clickstreams, time spent in each section of the page ) in storm to check specific complex conditions and trigger events in real time;    - if A happens , within 5 minutes of B and C web page views then trigger this action...    - if user spends more than 5 minutes in page C, and then goes the page A, then trigger this action    - we want these rules to be dynamic
If it can be used for this purpose how should I integrate the clickstream / page view data to storm ? I think our web team is already using google analytics.. can it be used to feed storm for real time user interaction integration ? or should we consider adding our own functions to each page to keep track of what user is doing ?
Thank you,