Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by sa...@ca.ibm.com on 2002/09/13 17:33:47 UTC

Re: clash between attributes: src="" xmlns:src=""

2.0.1, yes, there was such a bug. 2.1.0, are you sure? I remember fixing
this bug in Mid-May, so it shouldn't appear in 2.1.0. Could you double
check? Thx.

Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255
sandygao@ca.ibm.com

                      Fernando Padilla
                      <fern@interdimens        To:       xerces-j-user@xml.apache.org
                      ions.com>                cc:       xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org
                                               Subject:  clash between attributes: src="" xmlns:src=""
                      09/11/2002 08:31
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      xerces-j-dev

Hello,

I have a possible bug to report, I was wondering what people thought about
it.

I have a document which contains an element like:

<logo src="http:...." xmlns:src="http://randomnamespace"/>

I'm parsing it using JAXP DOMParser, with setNamespaceAware( true ).
I've tried Xerces 2.1.0 and 2.0.1, both seem to have the same behavior.
(unless there's a classloader issue).

The exception is:

[Fatal Error] :4:135: Attribute "src" bound to namespace "null" was
already specified for element "logo".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "src" bound to namespace "null"
was already specified for element "logo".
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:235)
        at
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:201)

        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.query(CollectionImpl.java:490)

        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.XindiceCollection.query(XindiceCollection.java:279)

        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.QueryService.query(QueryService.java:125)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSource.queryToSAX(XMLDBSource.java:347)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSource.collectionToSAX(XMLDBSource.java:286)

        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.XMLDBSource.toSAX(XMLDBSource.java:222)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ContentAggregator.generate(ContentAggregator.java:148)

Please, ideas?

Fernando