Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Dan Connelly <ds...@adelphia.net> on 2007/03/12 17:30:53 UTC

Re: [implentation on an internal system host] Hi to all

gnodet wrote:

> What are you looking for exactly ?

How about this for an "exactly" (so newbies like me can see how it works):

I want a WebDAV component in ServiceMix with the capabilities of Apache
Slide.    This is (very roughly) a servicemix-file engine consuming a
servicemix-http binding.    (Somehow)

Would I build this from the existing components or would I build a new
component directly over the Slide api?   Or, some of each?

Re: [implentation on an internal system host] Hi to all

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
This is much more clear :-)

For webdav, you can take a look at commons-vfs.  A BC based on commons-vfs
would be a great addition to servicemix.  We have a lightweight component
using commons-vfs that you can try, but a standard JBI component would be
much better.

I would recommend taking a look at:
   http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/jbi-component-framework.html
   http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/hello-world-bc.html
Both are work in progress (the first one has just been started).
You can also take a look at servicemix-file sources:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/servicemix/trunk/deployables/bindingcomponents/servicemix-file/src/main/java/org/apache/servicemix/file/

On 3/12/07, Dan Connelly <ds...@adelphia.net> wrote:

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > What are you looking for exactly ?
> >

> How about this for an "exactly" (so newbies like me can see how it works):

I want a WebDAV component in ServiceMix with the capabilities of Apache
> Slide.    This is (very roughly) a servicemix-file engine consuming a
> servicemix-http binding.    (Somehow)
>
> Would I build this from the existing components or would I build a new
> component directly over the Slide api?   Or, some of each?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/