Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/18 04:13:10 UTC

0.7.2 release

Hey, so before we even start on this release is there anything else we want
to-do before and to get infront of what we know we have seen before in the
last two releases?

I think there is one 0.7.1 ticket for the last release which is still on my
plate in regards to some documentation.

Happy to-do this release too, not a problem.  Learning from the last it
seems even before I tag to send this note out.

Also looking forward to-do the 0.8 release unless someone else wants to-do
it I am happy to volunteer.

I am going to be rolling 0.7.2 into production in the next day or so off of
the tag I create and then send email so between now and then send
thoughts/issues/comments/etc.

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

Re: 0.7.2 release

Posted by Lorenzo Alberton <l....@gmail.com>.
sounds good to me.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Re: 0.7.2 release

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
I created the following wiki as the place holder for non-java clients. Feel
free to add links there.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+non-java+clients

Thanks,

Jun

Re: 0.7.2 release

Posted by Lorenzo Alberton <l....@gmail.com>.
The c++ client in kafka/clients/cpp is another one we contributed, and
probably only works with the 0.05 release.
Please send me a link to the new wiki page when created, I'll update it
with the packages we maintain.

Lorenzo Alberton
Chief Tech Architect
DataSift, Inc.

@lorenzoalberton

Re: 0.7.2 release

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Well, in 0.8, there is significant wire protocol change. So we have to
almost do a complete new one. It can be a C version or a C++ version. Does
it matter much?

Re: 0.7.2 release

Posted by Magnus Edenhill <ma...@edenhill.se>.

Re: 0.7.2 release