Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "ming.zym@gmail.com" <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/29 11:22:14 UTC

prepare for the parent config revolution

hi, all
  I think the parent proxy in parent.config will be a good solution for
cache system sibling, when you runing complex content network. If you
need the parent fuction, please help me understand what's your need, and
what you'd like the parent to be.

Currently I am thinking of making some change in the way the parent
works. We are thinking of the following requirements:

1, add 'Weight' for each parent host, then we can control the traffic
for each parent.
2, add 'Priority' for each parent host, then we get two or more parents
responsible for each 'Priority', for high availability
3, merge DNS SRV into parent, and make SRV in parent only or parent
configurable.

thanks

--
Zhao Yongming
aka: zym @ apache.org, yonghao @ taobao.com

RE: prepare for the parent config revolution

Posted by Luca Rea <lu...@contactlab.com>.
3, use a unix socket as parent.

Re: prepare for the parent config revolution

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 10/29/12 5:57 AM, Luca Rea wrote:
> 4, add possibility to choose parent upon removable custom header

Good idea. Fwiw, I'd argue that all such functionality should be exposed via
plugin APIs. If we also want to provide them via parent.config, great, but
any changes should be made such that someone can write this as a Lua script,
or C/C++ plugin.

Cheers,

-- Leif

RE: prepare for the parent config revolution

Posted by Luca Rea <lu...@contactlab.com>.
4, add possibility to choose parent upon removable custom header