Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Novogrodsky <d....@insightbb.com> on 2005/12/01 06:29:30 UTC

Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute

I am running Maven 2.0 on Mac OS 10.3.9. I created a new project using
this command:
	mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
Then I compiled the project using this command:
	mvn compile
which ended successfully.

Finally I ran
	mvn package
which also ended successfully.

But when I double clicked on the jar, I got this error:
	Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
	/Volumes/newData/Users/davidno0/Documents/my-app/target/my-app-1.0-
SNAPSHOT.jar
Any idea how to fix the problem?

David N.

Re: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute

Posted by Eric Redmond <er...@gmail.com>.
Its your machine's setup. Apparently its trying to run your jar, and it
assumes a main class. What are you trying to do?