Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Stiepel, Jochen" <Jo...@Dresdner-Bank.com> on 2002/08/09 17:32:42 UTC

HTML User Parameter Modifier

Hello,

I have a question:

With the "HTML User Parameter Modifier" I can define Parameters for a HTTP
Request.
Are these Parameter the "Send Parameter With the Request:" an than under
"Name:" in an HTTP Resquest ?
I think so, but maybe someone can add this in the documentation under 13.7.4
.

But my problem is, I have to change a variable in a value of an HTTP Request
Parameter. And it would be nice if I can define maybe user_id in the xml
file and than I write in the "Value" where some is some more text $user_id$
and the "$user_id$" would replace with "dduck".

Name:				Value:
xmlrequest			<some data>$user_id$</some data>

an than bevor the request goes to the server, the user_id where changed to
"dduck"

xmlrequest			<some data>dduck</some data>

ciao

Jochen Stiepel

Dresdner Bank AG
Unternehmensbereich P&G IT