Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ka...@accenture.com on 2013/12/02 10:26:40 UTC

Patch information required

Hi All,

We are using Apache tomcat version 6.0.26 bundled with Jasper soft 5.0 server and we need to install below patches on our servers to fix some Vulnerabilities.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03298151
http://www.juniper.net/alerts/viewalert.jsp?txtAlertNumber=PSN-2012-05-584&actionBtn=Search
I am not sure how to install these patches can anyone help us here.

Note: We cannot upgrade to new version. So we need the steps to install the above patches.

Regards
Kanishk Sethi

________________________________

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy. .

www.accenture.com

Re: Patch information required

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Kanishk,

Try reading the responses you got on the 28th and 29th. If you have
further questions, post them as a follow-up to the original thread.

- -chris

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
André Warnier wrote:
> kanishk.sethi@accenture.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are using Apache tomcat version 6.0.26 bundled with Jasper soft 5.0
>> server and we need to install below patches on our servers to fix some
>> Vulnerabilities.
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=958911
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=958977
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=959428
>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03298151
>>
>> http://www.juniper.net/alerts/viewalert.jsp?txtAlertNumber=PSN-2012-05-584&actionBtn=Search
>>
>> I am not sure how to install these patches can anyone help us here.
>>
>> Note: We cannot upgrade to new version. So we need the steps to
>> install the above patches.
>>

> Let's maybe first rectify the above statement : technically, you
> certainly /can/ install new versions.  Whether the internal rules of
> your organisation allow this, is another question altogether, which has
> to be answered by your organisation.
>
> As far as I know, Tomcat does not distribute "patches".
> It publishes new versions, which include a number of enhancements and
> fixes, such as the ones from SVN which you mention above. And it highly
> recommends to keep your Tomcat version current and use the latest
> published version, which would include the above changes and probably
> also fix other issues which you haven't yet noticed.
> The latest 6.x version of Tomcat is here :
> https://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi

Addendum :
The last link which you mention (juniper) leads to a page which clearly indicates that
these issues have been resolved by a new release of this vendor's product, which includes
a new major version of Tomcat.  Did you even read it ?

Re: Patch information required

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.