Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Todd O'Bryan <to...@mac.com> on 2005/04/24 14:09:52 UTC

Drag inconsistent with Tapestry Palette in OS X

I'm using Eclipse 3.0.2 with the latest versions of Tapestry Palette
and Spindle. Dragging components into an editor only works sometimes
and I can't figure out when it works and when it doesn't.

Is this just me or is there some consistent way to make things work. If
it's a known problem, could I suggest that Tapestry Palette also allow
a right-click on a component to pop up a "Insert at cursor in current
editor" choice that would avoid the whole problem.

Thanks,
Todd

Re: Drag inconsistent with Tapestry Palette in OS X

Posted by Michael Henderson <mh...@mac.com>.
Hi,
    SWT seems to work differently on OS X. I had to get help from the
SWT mailing lists just to get drag and drop to work, when I had no
problems with Windows or Linux. Part of the problem may be that the
code which highlights the drop target range does not work on OS X, on
other platforms you get to see the affected range highlighted in blue
with white text so it's easy to see where the drop will occur. There is
a problem with dragging and dropping onto empty lines (it does not
work) which I hope to remedy soon.

Meanwhile a preference for  'insert at cursor position; would probably
be fairly easy to add.

I'll look into it.

Mike

P.S. I posted at the SF site: http://tapestrypalette.sourceforge.net
for help wanted and got only one volunteer. Any help would be
appreciated even if you can just write a tutorial for the site or
provide platform specific testing prior to releases.

Re: Drag inconsistent with Tapestry Palette in OS X

Posted by Ivano <i....@mclink.it>.
As far as I can recall, I had a similar problem with drag-n-drop of
several file types from the Package View to the Eclipse editor pane on OSX.
Could it be that the issue is not Tapestry Palette-related but more general?

Ivano.