Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Marquart, Joshua D" <jo...@firstdata.com> on 2017/10/13 22:33:15 UTC

Form Comb Field

Hello,

I'm about to start investigating how to have FOP generate a form comb field input area.
By a "form comb field input area" I mean an area where the line is underlined, with letter areas separated by half-length pipes coming up from the underline.
I do not plan to have this area pre-filled with text, but do plan to use it for form generation.

Has anyone done anything like this previously and had any success; perhaps someone has already designed an SVG snippet they can share?

Thanks,

Josh

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify First Data immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer.

Re: Form Comb Field

Posted by Csaba Nánai <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can do this in various way. Ie.:
1. A table with two lines, fixed height, and number of columns as you need.
For the lower line's columns need to define border-bottom and border-right
(or left).
2. Using an SVG (i don't give you an example, i'm not an SVG expert)
3. Using an image, which represents one column, repeated N times.

Best regards

Szeak

: