Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/16 21:43:22 UTC

What's all that Usergrid Github activity?

In case you are wondering what all those Github comment notices are about.
There are three areas that I'm aware of work right now:

1) Fixes and ongoing development of SDKs and the Portal done in the master
branch. There should be a JIRA for most of these changes and a PR for every
single one.

2) Work towards getting an Apache release out (license headers, package
rename) also being done in master. There should be a JIRA and a PR for each
of these tasks.

3) Work on a new Core Persistence system is going on in the two-dot-o
branch. Two or three developers have been working full-time on this for a
couple of month now and that's why there are so many changes coming in on
the commit list. You won't see a lot of PRs on the Core Persistence work
because it's in a branch that will one day be PR'ed and merged into master.

There is a JIRA issue describing the Core Persistence work at a high-level:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/USERGRID-8

And we asked for feedback on our design doc a while back:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P0FJx4Q68IYaNsyEjD9XQQ_if6UK35UTEG9SkY_y2F4/edit?usp=sharing

We've also been creating JIRA issues for each part of the Core Persistence
system (e.g. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/USERGRID-55), but the
number of commits far outnumbers the number of JIRA issues we've created as
you might expect from this sort of new development.

Hope that helps.

- Dave