Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 19:32:27 UTC

Re: Weird but reproducable problem which sets HttpContext to null

The session storage is different depending you are or not in web context.
It seems your background process is not running in web context (?) but
the your SqlMapper heve been initialized in web context so it tries to
retrieve the session in web context and fails.

--
Cheers,
Gilles

Re: Weird but reproducable problem which sets HttpContext to null

Posted by Zarar Siddiqi <za...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response.  What you're saying makes sense and I
concluded the same but what threw me off was that initially everything
is working fine (i.e.: the app can access the database) but after a
certain point in time, it loses the session.

So what is the best method of making sure a worker thread has access
to an IBatis session?  Here is how I start the thread in the
Global.asax.cs file:

Timer timer = new Timer();
timer.Interval = shipmentCheckInterval;
timer.Elapsed += new ElapsedEventHandler(checkForShipments);
timer.Enabled = true;
timer.Start();

The checkForShipments() method makes the database calls.

How do I make sure that checkForShipments() doesn't lose the IBatis session?

Thanks for your help.

Zarar