Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Brian Lavender <br...@brie.com> on 2002/03/11 20:24:35 UTC

Apache::Session problem with DBD::Oracle

I am trying to install Apache::Session and it is failing on
the DBD::Oracle tests. It is asking for a default user. Do
I need to configure Oracle for a default user? Or do I need
to set some environment variable with a user id and password?

brian

Here are the errors I am getting:

t/99oracle..........DBI->connect(sgum) failed: ORA-01004: default username feature not supported; logon denied (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin) at blib/lib/Apache/Session/Store/Oracle.pm line 45
        (in cleanup) DBI->connect(sgum) failed: ORA-01004: default username feature not supported; logon denied (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin) at blib/lib/Apache/Session/Store/Oracle.pm line 45
t/99oracle..........dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 1-10
        Failed 10/10 tests, 0.00% okay
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

Re: Apache::Session problem with DBD::Oracle

Posted by Brian Lavender <br...@brie.com>.
The tests were writing to an NFS mounted directory, and I think
NFS was creating some lock files which prevented the directory
from being written to. I moved the install to a non NFS mounted
area, and it all worked.

brian

Posted by Brian Lavender <br...@brie.com>.
Yup, that fixed it.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by "Ken Y. Clark" <kc...@logsoft.com>.
On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Brian Lavender wrote:

> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:24:35 -0800
> From: Brian Lavender <br...@brie.com>
> To: modperl@perl.apache.org
> Subject: Apache::Session problem with DBD::Oracle
>
> I am trying to install Apache::Session and it is failing on
> the DBD::Oracle tests. It is asking for a default user. Do
> I need to configure Oracle for a default user? Or do I need
> to set some environment variable with a user id and password?
>
> brian
>
> Here are the errors I am getting:
>
> t/99oracle..........DBI->connect(sgum) failed: ORA-01004: default username feature not supported; logon denied (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin) at blib/lib/Apache/Session/Store/Oracle.pm line 45
>         (in cleanup) DBI->connect(sgum) failed: ORA-01004: default username feature not supported; logon denied (DBD ERROR: OCISessionBegin) at blib/lib/Apache/Session/Store/Oracle.pm line 45
> t/99oracle..........dubious
>         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
> DIED. FAILED tests 1-10
>         Failed 10/10 tests, 0.00% okay

Oracle is fairly picky about the connection info.  Here's an example
of one I use:

use constant FooDataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:';
use constant FooDBUser     => q{user/password@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=sid)))};
use constant FooDBPassword => '';
use constant FooDBOptions  => {
    RaiseError       => 1,
    FetchHashKeyName => 'NAME_lc',
    LongReadLen      => 3000,
    LongTruncOk      => 1,
};

my $db = DBI->connect(FooDataSource, FooDBUser, FooDBPassword, FooDBOptions);

I'm also fairly sure that some environment variables should be set.
If I grep my env for "ORA," I see:

    ORACLE_SID=<name changed to protect the innocent>
    ORACLE_BASE=/oracle1/app/oracle
    ORACLE_HOME=/oracle1/app/oracle/product/8.0.5
    ORACLE_TERM=xsun5

Obviously, the $ENV{'ORACLE_SID'} matches the "SID" in the "FooDBUser"
string.  The above string is used from a host other than the machine
that houses Oracle, so it may have more in it than you need if you're
on the same machine.

HTH,

ky