Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dan Armbrust <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/14 19:37:07 UTC

NoSuchMethod shutdown error

I just upgraded from 5.5.9 to 5.5.23, and now, when I shut down
tomcat, I get these errors.

Any idea whats going on?  Looks like I have an out of date jar file on
the classpath - but as far as I know, these are tomcat only jar
files...

Thanks

INFO: Server startup in 8284 ms
Aug 14, 2007 12:30:02 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Aug 14, 2007 12:30:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
Aug 14, 2007 12:30:03 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig undeployApps
WARNING: Error while removing context [/ap]
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.modeler.util.IntrospectionUtils.clear()V
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.clearReferences(WebappClassLoader.java:1644)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.stop(WebappClassLoader.java:1496)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappLoader.stop(WebappLoader.java:734)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4398)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java:893)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConfig.java:1180)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java:1151)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:313)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1055)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1067)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(StandardEngine.java:448)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:510)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:734)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:602)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$CatalinaShutdownHook.run(Catalina.java:645)
Aug 14, 2007 12:30:04 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig undeployApps
[...]
WARNING: Error while removing context [/manager]
[...]
Aug 14, 2007 12:30:04 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Aug 14, 2007 12:30:04 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime

Re: NoSuchMethod shutdown error

Posted by Matthew Kerle <ma...@sra.com.au>.
no worries. I hadn't seen how to remove that dependency before, which is
why I didn't mention it in my reply. the APR just gives tomcat
comparable file reading performance as httpd, but unless you're running
slashdot or hea.net on your tomcat  then not having it isn't a big issue
and your distro will be more portable as a result.

glad I could help!

--
Matthew Kerle
IT Consultant