Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 12:05:00 UTC

Re: DefaultIoFuture - memory problem

On 5/16/07, Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/16/07, peter royal <pr...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On May 15, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Haviv wrote:
> > > Recently I am profiling memory on my application which is based on
> > > MINA
> > > 1.0.1.
> > > During my tests I found that there are many instances of ArrayList
> > > allocated
> > > from DefaultIoFuture constructor(around 10-20%
> > > of the total memory), after reviewing the code there is indeed an
> > > allocation
> > > of the "listeners" attribute which in my
> > > opinion can be done lazy - correct me if I am wrong but most of the
> > > time
> > > this array is empty (when no listener are added) and there is unneeded
> > > allocation.
> >
> > Yup, could be done. Patches welcome! :)
>
> The JIRA issue has been created:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-377

I've just resolved this issue.  Please try the latest snapshot.

Haviv, is your memory issue resolved?

HTH,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: DefaultIoFuture - memory problem

Posted by Haviv <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks - it did help..
On my performance test it cut the number of ArrayList creation(from
DefaultIoFuture) from several millions to zero.