Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com> on 2005/07/21 05:14:20 UTC

Progress on RDC release

I've put up the release artifacts in case anyone gets a chance to look at
them / verify signatures and md5s before we go "live" on the mirrors.

If you can spare a minute, please take a look at:

http://www.apache.org/~rahul/rdc

and let me know if you have any feedback. Release contains source and
binaries.

Haven't completed the release because I had a couple of questions:

1)  I do not have permissions to the Jakarta site. I suppose I will need a
volunteer to complete the remaining bits?

2) How is [ http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/taglibs/KEYS ] updated?

I read [ http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html ]. I cannot find the
Jakarta Taglibs KEYS in the jakarta.apache.org or www.apache.org site svn
repositories. Since software distributions are an "exception to the rule
(not versioned)", maybe its tied to that. If its relevant, found this
comment in the apache site repository's STATUS <quote>dist/        [ignore
-- move when new site is up]</quote>. Can someone guide me home?

Thanks,
-Rahul

Re: Progress on RDC release

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 7/20/05, Rahul P Akolkar <ak...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Haven't completed the release because I had a couple of questions:
>
> 1)  I do not have permissions to the Jakarta site. I suppose I will need a
> volunteer to complete the remaining bits?

I'll happily volunteer to do the relevant bits, or I can give you
permission to make the changes. Remember it takes 2 hours for a change
to be shown on the jakarta.apache.org site.

I've given you rw permission for svn:/jakarta/site in case you want to do it.

Try to use JDK 1.5 if you can, 1.4 and 1.5 XSL engines like to play
around with tag order and indentation.

However, feel free to use me as a resource to do it if you wish.

> 2) How is [ http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/taglibs/KEYS ] updated?

Manually. /www/www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/taglibs/KEYS
You copy and paste your public key onto the end of the file using the
same style of format as the other entries.

> I read [ http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html ]. I cannot find the
> Jakarta Taglibs KEYS in the jakarta.apache.org or www.apache.org site svn
> repositories. Since software distributions are an "exception to the rule
> (not versioned)", maybe its tied to that. If its relevant, found this
> comment in the apache site repository's STATUS <quote>dist/        [ignore
> -- move when new site is up]</quote>. Can someone guide me home?

Right, as they live in the www.apache.org/dist space, and that's not
handled by CVS/SVN, they've never been in the relevant repositories.
I'll put it on my todo list to bring up on the relevant list (probably
the sitedev@apache or whatever that address is).

Hen