Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK)" <av...@lmco.com> on 2005/11/17 20:12:04 UTC

No goals needed for project - skipping

I'm trying to build a multi project application. I have a pom.xml file
which has a default goal of package, and is building several sub
modules.

On one of the modules I always get a message "No goals needed for
project - skipping" Why is that? How can I make it compile and test.

BTW: If I run the reluctant project directly (not thru the parent pom it
works good), just when I try to run it thru the parent it does not do
anything but displaying the message "No goals needed for project -
skipping"

Any ideas?

Re: No goals needed for project - skipping

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 11/18/05, Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK) <av...@lmco.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build a multi project application. I have a pom.xml file
> which has a default goal of package, and is building several sub
> modules.
>
> On one of the modules I always get a message "No goals needed for
> project - skipping" Why is that? How can I make it compile and test.
>
> BTW: If I run the reluctant project directly (not thru the parent pom it
> works good), just when I try to run it thru the parent it does not do
> anything but displaying the message "No goals needed for project -
> skipping"

Are you sure it says that for your project, or does it say that for
the parent? It means that module has a packaging of POM or something
else that doesn't define any goals for the lifecycle step you are
running.

- Brett